Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > Thin Robo - needs fattening up!

HyperRobo

Chibi one of my robo's is really small and she looks really skinny , she was an exeptionally small runt of the little of  8 her parents had. 

Can anyone give me some advice, i bought some nuts and sunflower seeds to give her but she does not eat that much. her sister Kaeru is small too but not as small as Chibi and i would really like to be able to make their lives better and Healthier. It makes me really sad to see them, Chib especially, when their sister Hoshi is not skinny she is nice and fat( not that fat just more happy looking and nicer to stroke with her having that bit more fat on her bones then the others).:(

If anyone can give me any suggestions it would be a great help thank you!:):)

August 28, 2009 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gilly and Nilly

Chibi is probably eating, but just when you arent looking, Robo's love to save their food in their littlle cheeks and eat them later. However, if you want to see Chibi actually eat something with some good nutrients try getting her some Yogurt drops as treats. I use the Nutriphase ones and all of my hamsters go nuts over them ;]

Hope i helped!

--

R.I.P. Bigfoot

August 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

Hello I got this experience. Does your robo live with other robos and if how many? Some boiled egg would help.

--

Emma + Elizabeth

August 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HyperRobo

Gilly and Nilly at 09:29AM on Aug 28, 2009

Chibi is probably eating, but just when you arent looking, Robo's love to save their food in their littlle cheeks and eat them later. However, if you want to see Chibi actually eat something with some good nutrients try getting her some Yogurt drops as treats. I use the Nutriphase ones and all of my hamsters go nuts over them ;]

Hope i helped!

Hi i already got yogurt drops but she doesn't like them that much but just nibbles and then leaves it thanks for your help anyway :)

August 30, 2009 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HyperRobo

Emma & Elizabeth at 12:57PM on Aug 28, 2009

Hello I got this experience. Does your robo live with other robos and if how many? Some boiled egg would help.

Chibi lives with her sister Kaeru, i know that its probably kaeru is the more dominant but Kaeru is also not that bigger then her just a tiny bit.

i'm gonna try the boiled egg thanks for the sujestion:)

August 30, 2009 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

peach

how about some nuts and seeds? i give my hammies trail mix (i remove the raisins and almonds from the mix). seeds and nuts are high in good fat.

August 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

-kis-

erm=] for my experience,male robos will be skinnier than female ones,unless the male have a reali good appertise...

so hopefully it is male

--

eASTern + wESTern

August 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Peanuts have fat in them - they'd be good... but remember how much Robo's exercise - they can easily burn away those calories.

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

September 3, 2009 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

HyperRobo at 03:43PM on Aug 30, 2009

Emma & Elizabeth at 12:57PM on Aug 28, 2009

Chibi lives with her sister Kaeru, i know that its probably kaeru is the more dominant but Kaeru is also not that bigger then her just a tiny bit.

i'm gonna try the boiled egg thanks for the sujestion:)

This is just like my case. I would recommend some boiled egg and plain penuts as roborovskihamsters said. 

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

trace

If the problem is that she isn't eating enough finding things she especially likes may be the answer. Mine love meal worms. As already mentioned nuts and seeds are high in fat so they're good for helping them put fat on.

It's also worth considering if the hammie she shares with is letting her near the bowl. If not then a solution is to scatter the food around the floor rather than in a bowl can help.

Do remember though hammies often nibble at things rather than eat a whole one.

Also they, like people, come in different shapes and sizes - with my first 2 hammies Jamie was much bigger and cuddlier than Sammy

September 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.