Forums

Forum Home > Announcements > Sticky: Stories & Forums.

Alex

As a Moderator we've got the ability to accept stories.
I did find lots of intresting stories so I accepted them. (If you've got any stories, feel free to post them on stories. But they may take a while to become one of the stories..)
But, I got really suprised.
Some people (May by mistake) make stories that arnt really stories...
They are basic forums!
EG: "My hamster is not tamed.. Help!"
What I mean is Stories and forums seem similar- but are completly diffrent.
Stories are for people to tell diffrent stories about there hamsters.
Forums are to ask questions or any annoucments ect...
I found lots of people thinking stories are forums.

Another reminder- Stories arnt forums.
Please dont send any forums of yours to make it into one of the stories!
I dont think anyone would like it to have stories as forums.
So remeber that forums are forums, and stories are stories.
If you want to make a forum, then make it on forums- Not on stories! :D

PS: Remeber the 1 photo per album rule, albums are starting to being full up with 1 hamster. :)

--

Alex x

♥Ginger♥

February 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

♥Animal Lover♥

Okay, why would people post forums on stories?!? Thats werid!! :/

--

Animal Lover
>In and out!<

February 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

♥Animal Lover♥ at February 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Okay, why would people post forums on stories?!? Thats werid!! :/

I dont know why people do that.
They may just think stories are forums too, or just forget, or click on the wrong thing.
Who knows?

--

Alex x

♥Ginger♥

February 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pandas

Also, dont post the same picture 2 times, one of them will be deleted by a moderator. If you have posted more thn 1 pic, please pic your best and delete the rest. And not too may replies on one topic, or it will be locked. And if you have a question please have a look to see if it has already been posted, because it will use too much web space.

Thanks, me, the site owner, and all tyhe moderators!

--

My hamsters Popcorn, Peanut, Chestnut, Patches.

My hamsters, Dogs, Chickens, goldfish and hand reared calf   are awesome!!!

R.I.P. Popcorn.

Please check out my youtube channel and subscribe for everything about animals!!! Hhere is the link:   http://www.youtube.com/user/Sammyanimals21

February 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pandas

Also, dont post the same picture 2 times, one of them will be deleted by a moderator. If you have posted more thn 1 pic, please pic your best and delete the rest. And not too may replies on one topic, or it will be locked. And if you have a question please have a look to see if it has already been posted, because it will use too much web space.

--

R.I.P. Popcorn.

Please check out my youtube channel and subscribe for everything about animals!!! Hhere is the link:   http://www.youtube.com/user/Sammyanimals21

February 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Yep, This website is getting more slow with more photos (I think, and it should- I mean mine is)

--

Alex x

♥Ginger♥

February 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

PS: Dont you think you the sticky posts should be a diffrent colour or bolder or anythink? Somone could does write "Sticky" on thier forum and it will look like its the sticky forum. LOL.

Cheers

--

Alex x

♥Ginger♥

February 19, 2013 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lychee

Pandas at February 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I've also noticed some people have been posting WAY too much pictures on one album.  So as part of my signature, I put in big bold letters:

ONE POST PER ALBUM

Maybe it will help, maybe it won't.  I've seen some people do it before, but they were only moderators.  Maybe members can help, too.

Also, yes, I have noticed that different people post the same question OVER and OVER again,  except slightly different wording.  Like Pandas said, it can pollute the site.  It can also make things hard to find.

Sometimes people post pointless names for their topics, like PLEASE HELP!!! or Help! or something.  Nobody would want to click on those things, because they don't even know what the topic's about.  That leads to no replies, which leads to more pointless topic names.  It's just a cycle that gets worse and worse and worse.

I'm not trying to get people mad or anything, but these signatures are getting a little too crazy.  People have these bright, colorful, beautiful graphics that just hurt my eyes!  I'm not trying to complain or anything, but maybe some people could tone the graphics down a little, like instead of 12 pictures for your signature, you can have one or two.  A lot of pictures just uses up space and, even though they are cute and adorable and all those roborovski hamstery stuff, they make people's computers go slow and they are distracting.  Again, I'm not trying to be mean or cranky.  Just trying to help.

--

-Lychee

R.I.P. Lychee

Not close but not far, at the stroke of twilight,

You were my little star, shining bright with your light.

And when the sun rose, you never disappeared,

For in my heart, you will always be near.

Please, make it only one photo per album. ;)

February 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pandas

Eactly lychhe. I have mad a forum about the rules, and the please halp thing iis included. I'm going to start deleting pics, it's crowding the site.

--

R.I.P. Popcorn.

February 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Samantha:)

Can moderators also delete posts from a LONG time ago because that may be clogging the site too. Just wondering

--

Samantha, Q-Tip, and Tilly :P

RIP Poppy and Pepper

February 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex

Samantha:) at February 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Can moderators also delete posts from a LONG time ago because that may be clogging the site too. Just wondering

Yeah.

--

Alex x

♥Ginger♥

March 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pandas

Also im going to delete topics if there is like10 of them because we dont need to keep asking th same q. over and over if it has already been posted

--

R.I.P. Popcorn.

March 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Giulia

I agree people think they can post forums on stories

--

Giulia xox

March 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pandas

can people please just listen to the rules? This site is getting blocked up because people are using up the space too much

--

R.I.P. Popcorn.

March 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ashley

agree?

--

-Ashley-

March 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Samantha:)

totally!! good luck moderators ;)

--

Samantha, Q-Tip, and Tilly :P

RIP Poppy and Pepper

March 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pandas

Ashley at March 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM

agree?

What do you mean?

--

R.I.P. Popcorn.

March 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hamsters & Me

YEAH!! :D

--

Mia.
I love my hamster Suzy!!

May 5, 2013 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.