Forums

Forum Home > Hamster names > Does your hamster respond to their name??

Kezzer

Hey Hammy Campers!! Its a great experience to own a robo and I waited over a decade for the right time to get one lol I have a female hammy and I decided to call her Picadilly a.k.a Pickles because I wanted to give her a name from my home, London, UK. I call to her all the time and sometimes she actually says Hi Dad! lol

I hope there are more crazy dudes and dudettes out there... =D

July 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robo_Gurl

Hi Kezzer! I LOVE the name Picadilly, aka Pickles! Very cute! I am not sure that my Robo, Twinkie, knows her name, but she for sure responds to the sound of my voice and to the sound of her treat bag being opened! She is a smart little girl, so maybe she does know her name afterall ;)

--

I'm a http://roborovskihamsters.webs.com Moderator! If you need help, or have a question, feel free to contact me! :)

July 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LunaEscapes

My hamster, Luna doesn't respond to her name D: My friend though who has a djungarian (spelling Dx) he responds to many names, like Beeff his original name and Valdimer, Jorge Banana, etc. :3

August 6, 2011 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

yoyochipchip

Hamster's lack the capability to respond to a particular name... I know, I'm not fun :P

January 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma

Twister responds to his name quite well. Ecasonly I will give him a "yogie" and he responds to the name and the smell!

--

June 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Julie

My hamsters don't respond to there name. :( How can I train them? please reply.

July 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Julie

Julie

TeddyTheRobo

My hamster responded to her name 

--

Teddy <3 2010 - 2012 R.I.P. I will always love you <3

July 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

megmeg

My hamster Mercury responds to my boyfriends voice and runs away when she hears my voice! This is mainly due to the fact that I've had to administer medication to her in the past and she hasn't trusted me ever since.

But the good news is that at least she likes a male voice!

I find a bribe usually works the best when summoning a hammy! Like putting a meal worm in her running ball.

--

July 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

popklas

i think if youve had it for long enough and keep calling its name every time you need its attention then it might look at you

November 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

littlemagpie806

I think my hamster responds to his name, but maybe its just my voice rather than the actual name. My hamster is called Button :) If I am looking in the cage and he sees me he comes by the door too and waits for a treat.

November 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.