Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > Shaking/Vibrating Hamsters?

Buddy and Chip II

I've noticed that whenever I pick Buddy up, his body starts vibrating uncontrollably. You can't see it, but you can surely feel it. Is this normal, and if it isn't, is this a syndrome or a sickness? Or is he just simply afraid? I doubt Buddy would be afraid, though, because whilst he's not tame yet, he walks on my hand and lets me hold him when he wants it.

Thanks in advance,

Buddy and Chip II

--

Taming Status:

Chip II: Improving. Chip has come a long way. The biting has decreased (though he still bites every once in a while, I'm still trying to figure out why he bites more than average), and I can hold him and walk all over with him in my hands, he's not as squirmy anymore. I'm able to stroke him without him running away.

Buddy: Improving. Buddy has probably come farther than Chip. I've seen a major change in him. I'm able to hold him a bit easier now (I don't trust walking all over my house with him in my hands, though), and I can stroke him without him spooking. Although he still spooks whenever I open the cage door, I think he's come a long way.

If you have any taming tips and/or tricks, please message me! Every bit of advice helps. :)

~Buddy and Chip II

R.I.P Paris

iheartdewey's lovely hamster

"The brightest little firecracker in the world"

R.I.P Kiwi and Kumquat

iluvKumquat's lovely hamsters

"The Yin-Yang of the world"

R.I.P Flash

brandontherobolover's lovely hamster

"The brightest fighter in the world"

Chip wishes you a Happy New Year!

December 31, 2010 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pawlove

Maybe he;s startled of something? Does this continue?

--

December 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Buddy and Chip II

Well, it does continue, I don't know if he vibrates in the cage, too.

--

Taming Status:

Chip II: Improving. Chip has come a long way. The biting has decreased (though he still bites every once in a while, I'm still trying to figure out why he bites more than average), and I can hold him and walk all over with him in my hands, he's not as squirmy anymore. I'm able to stroke him without him running away.

Buddy: Improving. Buddy has probably come farther than Chip. I've seen a major change in him. I'm able to hold him a bit easier now (I don't trust walking all over my house with him in my hands, though), and I can stroke him without him spooking. Although he still spooks whenever I open the cage door, I think he's come a long way.

If you have any taming tips and/or tricks, please message me! Every bit of advice helps. :)

~Buddy and Chip II

R.I.P Paris

R.I.P Kiwi and Kumquat

R.I.P Flash

December 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pawlove

That sounds bad :( Sadly i don't know anything about this. Sorry i'm not much help. I hope other members will help. Keep us updated with his conditions ok?

--

January 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cookieandcrisp

i think maybe hes either cold or hes just a little scared!! maybe hes scared of heights 

--

XxxxxLKayXxxxxxxx

I love my Hamsters sadly Peaches died on the 27th December 2010!! He died due to fighting!

But i love Them!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

January 1, 2011 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

I Heart Minkus

maybe its the growing disease Paris had

--

January 1, 2011 at 9:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

cookieandcrisp

Maybe you never no but if its getting any worse call the vet and ask!!!!!

--

XxxxxLKayXxxxxxxx

I love my Hamsters sadly Peaches died on the 27th December 2010!! He died due to fighting!

But i love Them!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

January 1, 2011 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Buddy and Chip II

It's not getting worse, just gentle vibrations.

But you can sure feel it!

It's actually gotten a bit better, you can hold him for about 20 seconds.

Then he starts vibrating.

--

Taming Status:

~Buddy and Chip II

R.I.P Paris

R.I.P Kiwi and Kumquat

R.I.P Flash

January 1, 2011 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pawlove

Maybe it was his heartbeat you're feeling? Because robos have fast heartbeat. When things got worse make sure you bring him to vet though.

--

January 2, 2011 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

I Heart Minkus

i agree with Pawlove on this one.

--

January 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

brandontherobolover

same they do run the human equivlent of a maraqthon you know there hearts really race sometimes

--

rip my little flash and sonic forever you 2

will be in my heart

p.s daddy still loves you flash

January 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Weaver

They do tremble when they are nervous or afraid. Maybe he's still getting used to you.

--

A DEEP THINKER WITH A SHALLOW MIND

January 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

She

I agree with Pawloves last comment and also have seen them trmble when they are nervious as weaver said, anyway, it shoudnt be anything serious, unless there are other symptoms as well, but if he trembles only when you pick him up, it shouldnt be diabets, cause then he should be vibrating visibly while asleep as well, or drink half of the water bottle in a day or two.

--
  • RIP CUCHI, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART.
January 3, 2011 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

helen030

She at January 3, 2011 at 1:02 PM

I agree with Pawloves last comment and also have seen them trmble when they are nervious as weaver said, anyway, it shoudnt be anything serious, unless there are other symptoms as well, but if he trembles only when you pick him up, it shouldnt be diabets, cause then he should be vibrating visibly while asleep as well, or drink half of the water bottle in a day or two.

I'm not sure if my hamster has diebetes or not, but she was visibli shaking  after I gave her some toilet paper and she went to sleep underneath it. I discovered that she was trying to make a nest, using tennis ball fur or whatever that is.. I've never given her toilet paper before and I haven't noticed that she would drink that much water, but I've seen her drinking more often than my other hammie. She has been very active when awake and lookin nervous or something. What should I do?

January 6, 2011 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

helen030

She doesn't shake at the moment. She is still very active when awake, maybe it was exitement? I don't know anymore...

January 6, 2011 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

She

You see her drinking more than others??? Well thats not good...It may be a sign of diabetes...you can buy some diabetes test for us human at the farmacy and check the suger in his urin, ok? it doesnt cost much something like 4-5 US dollars.

it comes with a color base chart, where you can say if she got diabetes or not, if she has it, you have to seperate her and take all the suger in his food away, that will help her, have a normal life, but first make sure she got diabetes, you may need to put him in a clean tank for some 20 minutes and keep an eye untill she pees somewhere, then immediately soke the paper thingie you buy from the pharmacy to see into what color it changes. compare it to the color chart and youll know...

has she also been losing fur on her hands and feet ?

--
  • RIP CUCHI, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART.
January 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

helen030

No fur losing so far, but thanks so much, i will check her. :)

And as I remebered now, she doesn't like sweets as much as other hammie. I think.

January 12, 2011 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sophie
Oreo does that too. Some Robos get nervous about lack of space and that's why they run up your arms. It'll stop when he gets used to being held, and keep your hand the length of a small ruler off the ground.
--

Sophie and Oreo :) xxxx

To my baby girl,

Love you, Oreo xx

Never ever fade from my life,

I love you,

I need you,

Please never leave me.

But when you do, you're still in my heart,

Over in Rainbow Bridge.

January 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zoe

Sophie at January 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Oreo does that too. Some Robos get nervous about lack of space and that's why they run up your arms. It'll stop when he gets used to being held, and keep your hand the length of a small ruler off the ground.

WAIT! I don't get it! Aren't rulers ALL the same length, 12"? You said a small ruler, what duh heck do you mean?! XDDD lol :lol:

--

Rose-The Escape Master

Hammy-The Psychopath

Anastasia-The Princess

Yin-The Lovable

Yang-The Huggable

January 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sophie

Zoe at January 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Sophie at January 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM

WAIT! I don't get it! Aren't rulers ALL the same length, 12"? You said a small ruler, what duh heck do you mean?! XDDD lol :lol:

My apologies, it's how Irish say a 15cm ruler.
--

Sophie and Oreo :) xxxx

To my baby girl,

Love you, Oreo xx

Never ever fade from my life,

I love you,

I need you,

Please never leave me.

But when you do, you're still in my heart,

Over in Rainbow Bridge.

January 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.