Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > tumor?

iluvKumquat

Hi,

My hamster Kiwi has something wrong with her leg/the side of her body near her leg. There's a lump sticking out about an inch from her body and it makes her unable to run or move fast. She seems fine otherwise and is eating and drinking normally. Could it be a tumor/growth or some kind of hamster disease, and what can I do to treat it?

Please reply!!

--

♪ Kumquat 'n' Kiwi luvs ya ♪

<www.sadiesparky.webs.com>

December 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iluvKumquat

BESs

Can't post a pic but I have made it my profile pic so you can see it... she isn't turned weirdly, she's sitting normally, which should give an idea of how big it is. :(

--

December 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sisters4everB&B(:

I don't know what it is but if you have a Petco or a Petsmart or a small petshop near you I would take her to that as soon as possible a.k.a ASAP haahah From here it juts looks like she has something growing out of her leg I will post something on your proflie seeing if one of my hamsters has something similar to that I hope she's okay!!!!!!!!!!

--

Wahoo #1~ Crazy, first hamster, didn't last long:(

Wahoo #2~ My favorie of all, so sweet, stuff and gave me so much Joy!!!

Pochi~ Crazy, second try, looked like a rat:P

Bubbles~ So sweet, adorable, shy, cuddlier:P

Buttons~ Fat:P, Crazy, Does her own thing

December 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Weaver

It could be a tumour or a cyst, either way it will need to be dealt with by a vet. If they can get it in time it is quite a simple operation.

--

A DEEP THINKER WITH A SHALLOW MIND

December 30, 2010 at 6:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

^ or a simple procedure done in a minute. I recommend you go out of the room whilst they do it (they had to do it to two of my hamsters, not nice). :(

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

December 30, 2010 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

She
just to comfirm what been said above, it may be a tumor or a cyst, theres nothing you can do at home, but you have to take him to vet soon, cause whatever it is, it has to be treated by a vet, and if you wait so long it grows so big, and they wont be able to treat it, cuase there wont be enouh skin to stitch the wound, if they remove it, your hamster may even lose a leg if its a tumor, but he can live quite a normal life with 3 legs, the operation is safe most of time, but have in mind, the fact that hes eating and drinking normal doesnt mean that hes fine, they dont show any pain till the last day of their lives, they maybe in great pain though. So act quick, if you can afford the operation, otherwise i would advice puttin down before he meets his end in pain and agony.
--
  • RIP CUCHI, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART.
December 30, 2010 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iluvKumquat

Okay thanks, I will be calling Petsmart tomorrow to see if they have anyone they can refer me to about hamster tumors. Roborovskihamsters, since you have had it done before, how much does the operation/procedure usually cost?

--

December 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

brandontherobolover

im sorry for your hamster having a tumor i hope she will be ok

January 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iluvKumquat
Hi,
Took her to the vets today, she was worse and they discovered she had another tumor as well as the leg one. She was having more trouble moving and the next stage of the tumors was death - we had her put down to save her from a more painful death.
I'll miss her so much :( but she and Kumquat both had really long, good lives! I might get a Russian winter white in a little while, so this is the last time I'll be on the site after I write them a memorial.
<3 you Kiwi!!!
--

January 1, 2011 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I Heart Minkus

You don't have to have a robo to be on the site! Please dont leave!!!  You seem so nice!

--

January 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hamsterluva

Im so.... sorry? I dont like saying that to people, because even if they say sorry it doesnt do anything. SO I hope she enjoys rainbow bridge and I hope you do alright..... Please dont leave! I was a member of other robo sites before I had a robo!

--

I love my Robo Mini <3

R.I.P. NoName, Harry, Katie, and Nibbles my special hammies. You will always have a special place in my heart.

Join my website at http://www.roboloco.webs.com!

And iheartdewey's website at http://www.heartthehamster.webs.com!

January 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iluvKumquat

Aww thanks guys!! I'll still come on once in a while :)

--

January 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hamsterluva

:) Good, as long as you stay on sometimes. :)

--

I love my Robo Mini <3

R.I.P. NoName, Harry, Katie, and Nibbles my special hammies. You will always have a special place in my heart.

Join my website at http://www.roboloco.webs.com!

And iheartdewey's website at http://www.heartthehamster.webs.com!

January 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.