Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > Do Roborovskis climb Habitrail tubes?

Jaded-AL

Do Roborovskis climb Habitrail tubes? I've read somewhere that dwarf hamsters aren't particularly good at climbing compared to Syrians. I'm thinking of expanding my current setup with some Habitrail Mini tubes (meant for mice and dwarf hamsters).

November 18, 2010 at 10:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pawlove

yes they climb it as long it's not too wide.

Can you link us to the cage picture? Well if there is too much vertical tubes then it's risky when you hammie gets old and they cannot climb as good as when they're young, it risks broken bones if they fell.

--

November 18, 2010 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gabbagabbawill

Mine do!  I have the Habitrail Ovo Dwarf Hamster Habitat and both of my robos climb the small-diameter tubes.  They learned it within a day.  They struggled a little with it at first, but soon they were going up and down with ease.

I have not seen these tubes offered for sale separately from the habitat, though.  If you know of a place to get just the tubes, I'd be interested to find out!  I don't think they would do well with the standard (sightly larger) diameter tubes, but I haven't tried this...

November 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

lilbart90

Mine don't like to climb in tubes (i used paper towel rolls) but they do sometimes climb on their playpen cage. But they cant climb more than 2in off the ground (Cute!)

November 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jaded-AL

I just bought the Habitrail Loft and used the mini curve tube attachments that came with it but they seem to have difficulty climbing. In fact, they don't even bother climbing anymore :(. I think I'll try using a different combination of tube attachments to make it easier for them to climb.

--

November 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gabbagabbawill

I think the curve tubes are not narrow enough for robos... 

maybe try placing the tubes at an angle instead of vertical... 

November 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.