Forums

Forum Home > Memorial > Ginger

char554

I am making this memorial to honor a wonderful little robo, Ginger. I purchased her when she was 6 weeks old, along with her sister, Coco. Ginger loved to run on her wheel, eat, and sleep cuddled up side by side with Coco. On the first of July, my family set out on vacation to the beach for nine days. My hammies were well stocked with extra food, and  full water bottle. I was worried that they wouldnt make it, as nobod was available to care for them while we were away, and we couldnt take them with. When we got home, i immediately checked the cage and was pleased to find Coco sleeping happily, but Ginger was nowhere to be found. I pulled everything out of the cage and dug through the bedding but she wasnt there. Two things popped into my mind. Either Coco had eaten her, or she had escaped. I doubted that Coco had eaten her as Coco is smaller, submissive and there was still plenty of food left. Then I notide that some of my stuff had been chewed up, outside the cage and I knew she had escaped. How? I dont know. From the top of the table where the aquarum sits its a good 3 foot drop to the floor (carpeted). My mom, dad and i followed a seemingly neverending trail through our upstairs of chewed stuff, and just as we were about to give up, I found her. She was curled in a corner of a bathroom, with labored breathing, and she could not move. Her eyes were pasted shut, and she had severe wet tail. The sight made me cry on the spot. I put her in a tiny cage with some bedding and a water bottle, keeping her weel away from Coco. I tried to clean her, helped her drink and nursed her for hours. What was so sad, is that she would start drinking a little and literally fall asleep mid drink, she was that weak.not knowing if she would live I placed her little cage next to the aquarim. She crawl-hopped to the side, and Coco, cam toward her. They sat there staring at eachother, Coco desperately trying to dig throught the glass that separated them. I did all i could knowing that medcing wouldnt help. I woke up the next moring to find her hunched in the corner of her cage, dead. Coco was in the aquarium but as close to her deadter as possible. I buried her in our backyard. She was 6 months old.

Rest In Peace Little Ginger, You Will Be Missed.

--

RIP GINGER, YOU WILL BE MISSED!

I LOVE YOU COCO!!!

July 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Coke&Pepsi!

aww. rip ginger....i do wonder how she escaped. my friend hermet crabs escaped once....long story short she left the top open and they can climb! 

--

~Kathy!

Coke and Pepsi, the best hammies i could ever ask for!

Everything looks better with an exclamation mark!!

July 31, 2010 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

char554

We think she climbed on top of the little igloo house i had on the second level of my aquarium, and pushed the top off, when i had gotten home the lid was slightly ajar.

--

RIP GINGER, YOU WILL BE MISSED!

I LOVE YOU COCO!!!

July 31, 2010 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

She

Why did u think that medicating her woudnt help ??? Wet tail, stops withing minutes after giving a drop of baytril to a hamster. Dont wanna be mean, but i think you COULD save her life, if you hadnt paniked, and the point why a hamster does or doesnt escape is not hight from the floor, is the hight of aquarium, or cage, which should be elevated enough, not to let them climb and reach the top of it. Anyway, May she rest in peace, such an adventure before her life came to an end. She must have been looking for food and water all those days desperately....RIP Ginger.

--
  • RIP CUCHI, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART.
July 31, 2010 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sisters4everB&B(:

sry to hear about ginger soo sad rip giner

July 31, 2010 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kristi

rip little ginger

--

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln. 

Dear Ana,

Like The BrightestStar

Like the brighteststar your light was never dark

Like God whenever Icalled for you,

You were never far

Like the brighteststar

Your light forevershines

Regardless of thetime

Like the brighteststar

I will seek you inthe night

Your youthful face,

I will hope to find

Like the brighteststar

Your light willnever die

And my love for youwill never decline

Like the brighteststar

You will never move

I will look foryou, as I said I would do

And every night Ishall read this poem to you

Kristina Lewis February 19,2010 7:49 am-7:57 am

August 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RiRi27

RIP Ginger! Hope Hamster Heaven Is Just Has Fun As Living With A Great Owner!

--

RIP Merry You Will Always Live In My Heart!<3

August 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.