Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > please help my hamster isnt moving and wont stop twitching

Akuma

i dont know what i should do im really worried

June 18, 2010 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Weaver

The only thing I can suggest is call a vet.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help but this sounds like it needs an expert.

--

A DEEP THINKER WITH A SHALLOW MIND

June 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Akuma
it was 9 at night no vets open. i tried to help him but he died a few hours ago =( he was fine the other day i dont get it. can hamsters have sudden heart attacks?
June 18, 2010 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HamsterMonster

First of all, I'm so sorry! Heart attacks, heart attacks .... I'm not sure if hamsters can get sudden heart attacks - but I'm not an expert. Sorry - i don't know what to say...

--

BESs

BESs

Just a HamsterMonster with a little advice to give                                  
June 19, 2010 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Weaver

I'm really sorry for your loss. I have heard that hamsters have weak hearts but I don't know if this is true or not. I hope your not feeling too sad.

--

A DEEP THINKER WITH A SHALLOW MIND

June 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Piparazzi

Perhaps he was having a fever and going into a seizure. Were his eyes rolled back in his head?

I'm so sorry! RIP!

--
PIPARAZZI
My hamsters are named Eskimo, Billie, and Beatrice
June 19, 2010 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Akuma
thanks for the nice messages. His eyes were closed and he wouldnt open them up and was breathing really heavily. But i did some research and i think he may got wettail but it looked like a seizure. im just worried if its conagious my other hamster lives in the cage next to him (they didnt get on). But they have been in the same running ball recently so im taking him to the Vets just to check But he seems to be perfectly fine no sign of wetail. but i dont want to take any chances. we gave him a nice burial today he was called Gouken, my fiancee especially was devestated, just glad akuma is ok.
June 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Piparazzi

Good choices Akuma, you are a caring hammie owner.

--
PIPARAZZI
My hamsters are named Eskimo, Billie, and Beatrice
June 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

brandontherobolover

so sorry for your loss =(

--

rip my little flash and sonic forever you 2

will be in my heart

p.s daddy still loves you flash

January 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelbel

I'm so sorry you lost ur lil pet.  Hugs you! I have heard they do have weak hearts I don't know if it's true but have heard that they can get overly excited or startled and have a heart attack.

January 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robolove19

Maybe it's just frozen. Ferrets are known to do this and guinea pigs only do this VERY rarely. There is a video on here where a hamster is frozen. They usually do this when they start freaking out. I suggest to pet your hamie when its like this so it could get used to your touch and your smell, and talk to it. Even though its frozen, they still have their senses. Maybe when he started freaking out, his eyes were closed so that's probably why. I'm sorry for your loss.

January 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pawlove

I don't know what could it be, sorry for your loss. RIP Gouken

--

January 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

I'm so sorry for you loss of Gouken!

--

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.tamerobos.com/ (My Blog About Taming Robos)

January 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CSW

The Weaver at June 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss. I have heard that hamsters have weak hearts but I don't know if this is true or not. I hope your not feeling too sad.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your hamster.

We lost Brad, our Campbell Russian due to heart failure.  He was being treated by the vet for an infected cyst when his heart failed suddenly.   He seemed more stressed than usual too so perhaps that is how they show that something isn't right.  He was 1 year & 9 months old so he had a full life.

Remember all the joy that your hamster has given you.

--

--  Chris

January 7, 2011 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I Heart Minkus

Sorry for ur loss

--

January 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I Heart Minkus

@ weaver

Yes, hamsters do have very small hearts that beat at a fast pase. And yes, they also can have heart attacks.

--

January 7, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.