Forums

Forum Home > Forum Help > Sticky: Using the search feature

Dukeslady

There seems to be a lot of new forum posts being made, asking questions that have been asked many times and answered many times, there is a great "search" feature for the forums ( its right above this post )  so please check that first, put in a general 1 or 2  words of what you are looking for answers on ie fur loss, bedding, fighting, you can even put a members name in and find everything they have answered if you wish !

and as 99% of the topics are still open, you can ask a further question on an old  thread if needed.

--

Do some research before you buy any pet !

Use the Search Feature on site to get results quickly ! 

Also please follow the sites "one photo per album" rule.

March 10, 2010 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Becky 22

Be specific! Usually if you type in 'new hamster', for example, you will get up to 100 replies! However, if you type 'new hamster not eating' you might get a narrower and more selective view. Depending on what you want-?

Please do not create forums with incredibly obvious questions or un-informative, vague titles.

Becky.

--

One Photo Per Album Please :)

Try to post topics in the appropriate section, and please use appropriate titles. "Please help" is not a very informative title. Specify the problem in the title.

Hope you enjoy the site!

014.JPG

March 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

That's great advice, especially to new members. 

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

March 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hammiemom

Agreed, it seems like the same questions are asked over and over. This will avoid, double, triple, quadruple posting. Thanks, Dukeslady :)

--

*~* Rach *~*

March 10, 2010 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dukeslady

I hope it helps, maybe some members did not know the search feature is there, and some times it is hard to answer the same thing week after week !

so everyone try it out, just put anything in the search box, and I guarentee you will find out something !

--

Do some research before you buy any pet !

Use the Search Feature on site to get results quickly ! 

Also please follow the sites "one photo per album" rule.

March 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kwik

This seems to happen in every forum.. The best solution for this is someone like a mod posting in the topic saying "This has been asked before, check out this topic" and lock the thread. Then after about a month or so delete the thread.

--

~Kwik~

*Use the Search Feature on the site to get results quickly!*

August 18, 2010 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

^Ditto.

--

August 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MrsFish

So should we do it this way then ...as I personally give a small reply - then suggest looking at the older posts ,but yes many are repeated..and members are still going to be inclined to ask regardless...  Tracy:)

--

Mrs Fish

Please remember "1photo" per album rule guys ok...:D.

October 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Piparazzi

Yes, as there seem to be times when several hamsters seem to have the spinning gene, and so you should just say, "Check out this other topic..." And several times that hamsters are having diarrhea problems, etc, etc,...

--
PIPARAZZI
My hamsters are named Eskimo, Billie, and Beatrice
October 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

I Heart Minkus

Hm, i just noticed this post, and i totally agree. The search feature is one of the best things on this site that is commonly ignored! It is also the most organized.

--

January 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

creativemoments

We have anew litter of robo babies that are about 2 weeks old.  The mother somehow got out (I think my daughter left the door open) and our cat got her.  Will the babies be able to survive at this point without her?

March 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Piparazzi

Hi, CreativeMoments, this question needs to be asked in the forum, but as it's kind of an emergency... I'll answer it here as well, but still make a new topic. The babies may not survive, unless you hand rear them. Ask The Weaver (moderator/member) about that.

--
PIPARAZZI
My hamsters are named Eskimo, Billie, and Beatrice
March 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Also, since we posted this topic, I've added the Google Site Search on the left hand Navbar.

This searches a much broader section of the site and forums (and is more reliable, as I'm sure most of you who have used the forum search will appreciate). :)

--

March 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

Well I agree that we should also just delete the questions after they have been answered or solved. I do agree that many of the same questions are already answered in topics and on the site. But deleting would make the site less cluttered and possibly faster.

--

Emma + Elizabeth

March 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.