Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > Chinchilla Sand vs. Dust?

Chocolate Chip n' Cookies n' Cream

is there a difference between the two? I am wondering because the petstore closest to me only has chinchilla dust. thanks in advance! :)

--

October 18, 2009 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi, if it is actual dust, then it is bad for robo's and it can cause respiratory problems....If It's just named dust, it should be fine. For example. I bought chinchilla dusting powder from Pets at Home, and that is the correct thing-So I guess the name Isn't everything-Look into the particular product before buying it though. Speak soon, James.:)

--

Robo Love...:)     Moderator...:)

October 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chocolate Chip n' Cookies n' Cream

thank you for the speedy reply. i will look at it tomorrow on my way home from school.

--

October 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hammy & Tammy

Some chinchilla sands are ok, but the ones that are really dusty, dusty when you flip it over that you can see air tunnels are not ok. I use pumice grindings with the name of Chinchilla nathing sand. If you find sand it would be better, but some bathing dust are ok for robos.

--

Hammy & Tammy!!!

Hope my Posts help~

Need more robo info? Click here!

Have Syrians, not roborovskis? No problem! Click here!

My hamsters gave birth to a litter of five on March 27, 2010 :wink:. ill be posting some pictures on my "about me" so be sure to check!  click here

October 19, 2009 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

I have been told that they are the same. Becuase why would they make dust dust for chinchillas? Just wondering.

--

Emma + Elizabeth

October 20, 2009 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.