Forums

Forum Home > Memorial > Little Tac :(

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

My lovely little Tac, my first Roborovski hamster, died during the night. 

I remember, in January 2008 I drove to the Pets at Home more than 2 hours away to get her and Tic. They were the last two there, reserved for me. Loads of people were crowding round their cage, and they looked so cute together. 

Who would have known back then that they were the two Robo's to spark this site, my YouTube channel, my Flickr photostream and a worldwide love of Roborovskis. Tic and Tac have been seen by over a million people. Really, they were special little Robos.

Tac was always the more dominant one. She was larger and had more of a wild spirit than Tic, her cagemate. In November 2008, the two fought, Tac seriously injuring Tic, who then had to be caged seperately. Tic made a speedy recovery, but you could tell she felt lonely, having been with Tac all the time before.

Then, suddenly, in August 2009, whilst on holiday, Tac developed a tumour. The vet said she'd live no longer than a couple of days. But now you see, she lived over a month with it! Her stamina was great. 

So it really fills me with grief to see my first, and not my last, little Roborovski to pass away.

XxX little Tac. XxX.

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

October 4, 2009 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pashmina

Oh no! Poor Tac. May she rest in peace with other hamsters.

October 4, 2009 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi roborovskihamster, I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm glad Tac lived a good life, even to the end. Any robo would love to be in your care, as your so devoted to them. I have suffered a loss myself so I know what It's like, though you had Tac much longer than I had Archie :( I'm sorry I cant think of much else to say: It's so upsetting at a time like this. I'm sure Tac will be remember by all. Speak soon, James. R.I.P Tac.

--

Robo Love...:)     Moderator...:)

October 4, 2009 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nacho4life

Well i no its a sad time but you could think of it this way.... she had a long happy life with u.... she could have been someone elses.... R.I.P Tac..... she will always stay in our hearts

--

<3 my Campbell Forest and

her 5 babies

October 4, 2009 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bean

poor tac i am so sorry

--

“I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs... [They] are an obligation put on us, a responsibility we have no right to neglect, nor to violate by cruelty.”- James Herriot  ♪  

October 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dukeslady

she was certainly a brave little fighter to go on as she did, and certainly her and Tic were ambassadors for this site, and well loved members of your family.

RIP Tac, gone but not forgotten

--

Do some research before you buy any pet !

Use the Search Feature on site to get results quickly ! 

Also please follow the sites "one photo per album" rule.

October 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

samham

I am filled with sorrow over this news. My heart is with you.....

October 4, 2009 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Smurf

I am very sorry for your loss of Tac. He seemed to be such a strong roborovski and looks like he has lived such a great life with a great owner.

R.I.P Tac.. :(

--

RIP Thyme.

Visit my site at myroborovski.com.

My Roborovski Hamster is a site that is fulfilled to

helping out roborovski owners.

Visit now!

October 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hammy & Tammy

I am so sorry, at least she had a happy, and lovely life with you. R.I.P Tac.

--

Hammy & Tammy!!!

Hope my Posts help~

Need more robo info? Click here!

Have Syrians, not roborovskis? No problem! Click here!

My hamsters gave birth to a litter of five on March 27, 2010 :wink:. ill be posting some pictures on my "about me" so be sure to check!  click here

October 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

coosh

I'm so sorry to hear about Tac.  I know she was one of the most loved roborovskis in the world, and although she didnt know it - one of the most famous!  She was so lucky to have you as her mum and I know we're all thinking of you at this sad time.  :)

--

RIP little Alex and tiny Hamish - always in my heart.

October 4, 2009 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gwen

I'm so very, very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm  here grieving, myself, so I'm sure there aren't words I can say to make you feel 'better,' but I hope  you find solace in the support you receive here.

October 5, 2009 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Thanks for all the support guys, you're all so nice :) *sniffles*

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

October 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James

When I was in your's and Gwen's position, I tried to think of all the good times....instead of thinking of all the bad at the current time-It helped quite a bit....like my first day with Archie, all the fun I had with him etc.....R.I.P Tac.....Speak soon, Take Care, James.

--

Robo Love...:)     Moderator...:)

October 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Qwerty

Oh no, not Tac! The most loved Robo in the world, the famous Tac! Why? Why? Why her? She was a cute little robo, and she will be forever missed! I'm so sorry roborovskihamsters! R.I.P. Tac!

This is just like when I lost my little baby Rosie. She was my first, and favorite out of her and her sister, Crashie, who I had to seperate. But Rosie was always getting injured somehow, and I think her last breath was when the CritterUniverse 3 cage sufficated her. Now the 2 are together over the Rainbow Bridge!

--

I currently own no hamsters. :(

In memory of all of my hamsters. I love and miss you all!

Just wait. pretty soon I'll have 2 new Robo's. I got the cage set up and all! (Hear that dad?) :P

October 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robohamstar

So sad, so sorry. I know how you feel. I just lost my little Peanut.

See RIP Peanut.

October 5, 2009 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

doodlebug

so sorry to hear about tac, bless her  :(  our thoughts are with you x

October 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ting-a-ling

Losing a pet is like losing a part of the family... so sorry for your loss...

October 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robohamstar

RIP Tac. So sorry for your loss.

October 6, 2009 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

I can't think of what to say to comfort you...... I do have a few words. Although I didn't know Tac to well I'm sure she was a buetiful soul. I loved to look through the photo gallary and see her. She was a worldwide loved hamster. She lived a great life, she also had a wonderful owner. R.I.P Tac you are much loved!

--

Emma + Elizabeth

October 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thisonessilly

omg i'm so sorry. r.i.p tac. before i got my robo hammy, i did alot of looking around on the web, but it was your website and your robo's that actually got me to get one. you're robo's are so cute and i'm so sorry for your loss

November 18, 2009 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.