Forums

Forum Home > General questions concerning your hamster > What Can Robos Eat?

Bean

Hey everyone! I was just wondering about if I can feed my robo hamsters these fruits! I was also wondering what type of veggies robos can eat? 

1. watermalon

2. pineapple

3. oranges

thx!! :D

--

“I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs... [They] are an obligation put on us, a responsibility we have no right to neglect, nor to violate by cruelty.”- James Herriot  ♪  

September 7, 2009 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi, I wouldnt advise watermelon and DO NOT FEED YOUR HAMMIE  PINEAPPLE-IT IS CITRUS AND IT IS VERY BAD FOR HAMMIES! Oranges have things on them which could choke your hammie so NONE OF THOSE FOODS WOULD BE ADIVSEABLE! On this site, theres a very LONG list of food which hammies can eat! Speak soon, James!

--

Robo Love...:)     Moderator...:)

September 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

James that was a little to much exaderated. Anyways your hamsters can't have citrus fruit or watermelon. And I don't think that they can have pinapple. Check out feeding it should have a list of what you can give your roborovski hamsters( as treats not regular food). And anything that is not on the list you shouldn't give to your hamsters. (there are too list make sure you don't give them the things is the list called- Food to avoid- I hope I helped.

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bean

thx! and how many times should i give them their fruit and veggies?

--

“I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs... [They] are an obligation put on us, a responsibility we have no right to neglect, nor to violate by cruelty.”- James Herriot  ♪  

September 7, 2009 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

Fruits mabe twice a week at the most. And veggies mabe once a week at the most. You should only pick one of these per week . And you don't have to give it to them every week. These are healthy treats.

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bean

Emma & Elizabeth at 04:39PM on Sep 07, 2009

Fruits mabe twice a week at the most. And veggies mabe once a week at the most. You should only pick one of these per week . And you don't have to give it to them every week. These are healthy treats.

Thx!!! :D

--

September 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

Your welcome happy to help!

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Turbo and Robo my babies

No watermelon, too much water, no oranges or pineapple, no citrus or too much acid

May 7, 2011 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Turbo and Robo my babies

And if your looking for more protein treats for hamsters my hammies LOVE wheat bread soaked in a little bit of reduced fat milk

May 7, 2011 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RunningRobos

See the feeding section of this site and only give small amounts of fresh food that they can eat if given too much they will get very sick and possibly die.

--

May 7, 2011 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lindsay:)

Hamsters have a high chance of getting diabetes some fruits could help to cause diabetes 

April 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.