Forums

Forum Home > Announcements > Sticky: Posting photos (new rules)

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Hey guys,

I'd like to make an announcment about posting photos in the Readers photo gallery.

It's come to my attention that members are posting whole albums dedicated to their hamsters - please do not do this.

The allowance is one photo per category.

Any new albums that are created will be deleted and the best photo out of that album will be added to the correct gallery. This also applies to catergories. Please contact me for more info or concerns regarding this.

The old albums will be deleted during the end of this weekend. I'll pick out (or you can vote for) the best photo in them to be kept on the site, or the owner of the gallery can message me.

If you want to show off your hamsters in the gallery, you could sign up to Photobucket or better, Imageshack (no registration required). Upload the photos there then link to the gallery on your photo here.

Sorry about this, it's just that I like to keep the gallery tidy and with so many additions daily, it's hard to do so. Lets just keep it to one photo per member (that way it's fair) in the gallery.

Remember, you can always show off your hamsters on the 'Tell us about your hamster(s)!' catergory on the forums.

Cheers, roborovskihamsters (site owner).

--

Nom...   Check...    The Store! > 

September 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

peach

omg. i can only pick one? i sent u a whole bunch! haha

September 3, 2009 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Yeah guys, one photo per member. I know  it's hard to choose just one, but it stops the gallery getting too crowdeed (plus my webspace and bandwidth is going through the roof :( )

--

September 4, 2009 at 6:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi, if your webspace and bandwidth get too much, will you have to start deleting things from the site? When I first joined, I made a full album of Archie & Joe pics-Sorry-I didn't realise we were only meant to put 1 on! Speak soon, James.

--

Robo Love...:)     Moderator...:)

September 4, 2009 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

If I start running low on webspace, I won't have room for more photos or videos etc. so I would have to start deleting stuff :-( and if I run low on bandwidth, adverts might appear and the site might get suspended for a while :( 

But my bandwidth resets each month so it's usually ok :)

--

September 4, 2009 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

Oh ok thanks for answering my question.I better start erasing!

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 4, 2009 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

:ohmy: Thats terrible-I dont know how I'd cope without the site-I go on every time i go on my laptop-which is about 10 times a day! Hopefully it will all be fine, Take care, Speak soon, James.

--

September 4, 2009 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

I have still seen people posting more than one photo should we moderaters just erase them or tell the members.

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LolllyBix

I'll be posting my 1 photo soon then! I can't wait for my Robos and i want everyone on here to see them! :D :D :D

September 10, 2009 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Even after this message came out, people still posted huge albums-I will see what I can do-Speak soon, James.

--

September 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Eeek! James, which albums did you delete (if any)?!!!

--

September 10, 2009 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi, I havn't deleted any yet-If i was going to, I'd tell you in advance and I'd save 1 picture which I think is best and I'd add it to which category I'd think fit-Or i could leave it up to you-Just let me know what you'd like me to do! Speak soon, James. :)

--

September 10, 2009 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Jones
Site Owner

Hmm it's just that I can't find an album that was here yesterday. What do you think happened to it? 24 photos, mostly pink coloured...

That's very sensible - thanks for the honesty :) I'd rather you tell me in advance, thanks.

--

September 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma & Elizabeth

I did find a album with one pic in it. I couldn't figure out how to delete the album so I deleted the one pic. ( Because I knew james would come along and do it he's like on here all the time lol)

:)

P.s was that album called aguast 2009(Is that spelled right?)  Becuase I didn't erase it wasn't me! lol

--

Emma + Elizabeth

September 10, 2009 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Becky 22

When you said: One picture per member did that mean:

1) one picture over all.

2) one picture in each album (example: 1 syrian hamster picture, 1 roborovski picture and 1 roborvovski baby picture).

3) one roborovski picture overall and one other hamster picture.

Thanks.

--

One Photo Per Album Please :)

Try to post topics in the appropriate section, and please use appropriate titles. "Please help" is not a very informative title. Specify the problem in the title.

Hope you enjoy the site!

014.JPG

October 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi, I didn't delete that album the other day....I don't know when that happened now-I thought it must be recent-I forgot to check the albums etc. Though I will re-start looking-If I find any albums, I will tell you about them roborovski hamsters. :) 'I'll tell you so you can do what you want with it'.

--

October 27, 2009 at 11:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dukeslady

it seems this is still happening............maybe bringing this back to recent topics more people will read.

--

Do some research before you buy any pet !

Use the Search Feature on site to get results quickly ! 

Also please follow the sites "one photo per album" rule.

October 30, 2009 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Dukeslady at 05:22AM on Oct 30, 2009

it seems this is still happening............maybe bringing this back to recent topics more people will read.

That's an excellent idea Dukeslady, any important topics, such as this one, it would be good to comment on it to bring it back to the surface. Speak soon, James. Just as an idea, we could maybe 'sticky' the important one's so new member's can see them.

--

October 30, 2009 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James

Hi, i just went on the photo gallery, and some people have put about 8 photos all in 1 section. Also......I have even noticed some people have put their own photos in Tic & Tac albums-Something must be done, Speak soon, James.

--

October 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Becky 22

I don't think enough people are reading the announcements.

If you put a paragraph about the rules on all the albums and the photo gallery page in bold letters then maybe this would get more attention. Is it possible to lock the Tic and Tac albums for only the site owner?

Thanks. 

--

One Photo Per Album Please :)

Try to post topics in the appropriate section, and please use appropriate titles. "Please help" is not a very informative title. Specify the problem in the title.

Hope you enjoy the site!

014.JPG

October 31, 2009 at 3:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.